Indiana Other Property Insurance coverage


Other Property Insurance

There are insurance products available for more than just the typical hazards that harm your home, auto, etc. You can get insurance coverage for many types of property and belongings. Insurance coverage can be purchased for those items that are important to you, for your dwelling, and for other parts of your life. At J.M. Thompsons Insurance, we offer collectibles insurance, flood insurance, renter's insurance, rental property insurance, valuable possessions insurance, and even vacant property insurance.

Our agency can teach you more about these types of insurance products and how they are beneficial for policyholders that carry these types of policies in Indiana. If you have questions that are more specific, feel free to call and consult with an agent from J.M. Thompson Insurance.

  • Collectibles Insurance
    Almost every individual has some kind of a special collection whether it be antiques, art, coins, fine wine, dolls, or comics. It is hard to imagine something happening to your treasured collectibles, and that is why we are here to provide comprehensive coverage for all of your hard-to-replace belongings. Keep in mind that your standard homeowners' insurance in Indiana doesn't offer coverage for higher end collectibles. We shall reimburse you in case of theft or other occurrences that may damage your collectibles.
  • Flood Insurance
    There is a common misconception among Indiana homeowners that their home insurance offers protection against floods, which isn't true. Our flood insurance protects your home and its foundation, personal belongings, electrical and plumbing systems, your HVAC, and even kitchen appliances. It is important to plan ahead with this type of insurance. You will be required to wait for a 30-day period before the policy goes into effect.
  • Renters Insurance
    Our renters' insurance is designed to cover your lost, damaged, or stolen personal belongings. We provide coverage for injuries to other people that might occur in your rented apartment or home. We also offer compensation for alternative living arrangements in case your rented apartment or home becomes uninhabitable due to fire, storm, or any other covered peril. This policy may be required under terms of a lease by a landlord.
  • Rental Property Insurance
    Do you rent out your property on a regular basis? Then you need a rental property insurance policy. It is important to note that your standard homeowners' insurance may not cover losses incurred while your property is rented out. Your home insurance also doesn’t offer coverage for any business activities conducted in your home. Work with us to learn more about coverage options for your rental.
  • Valuable Possessions Insurance
    Your homeowners’ insurance policy is designed to protect yourself, your personal property, and other belongings. But what happens when you discover that your valuables such as jewelry, fine art, and antiques aren’t covered? Our valuable possessions insurance policy is designed to cover your valuables against losses from theft, natural disasters, and other occurrences that might not be covered under your home insurance policy.
  • Vacant Property Insurance
    Your home can become vacant for a wide range of reasons. Maybe you moved out, and you haven't sold your property yet, or perhaps the home is under renovation. Whatever the reason, you need to understand that vacant properties pose significant risks and the need for a vacant property insurance policy is crucial. We offer coverage against vandalism, malicious mischief, theft, and many other perils.

Contact an Agent

For specific policy information or questions, please call an agent at J.M. Thompson Insurance. We can work with you to get a quote on a policy and teach you more about the benefits of insurance.


Featured Commercial Insurance

Locally owned and operated

Featured Home Insurance

Policies that meet & exceed expectations

Featured Auto Insurance

Get an Annual Policy review

Servicing States

  • Indiana
  • Illinois
  • Michigan
  • Ohio